DePuy Synthes officials say their company is first to market with a fully convertible should arthroplasty system. The new clearance is in addition to the system’s already cleared use in anatomic shoulder arthroplasty and provides surgeons with interoperative flexibility.
The reverse system’s features include:
- A 135° neck-shaft angle with lateralized options;
- A variety of sizing options;
- 3D laser-printed R/SPEED baseplates and modular Baseplates with central screw and central post options
- Advanced cross-linked Vitamin E polyethylene for desired wear characteristics and oxidative stability
- One Step Prep glenoid reamers
“The Inhance shoulder system can be used for an anatomic or reverse shoulder procedure offering the surgeon and OR staff a streamlined and effective shoulder system,” said Dr. Andrew Jawa, an orthopedic surgeon at New England Baptist Hospital. “This system contains the necessary tools from pre-op planning to intra-op flexibility with two trays of instruments to help ensure a consistent outcome.”