Zimmer CEO Dvorak becomes chair of AdvaMed
Zimmer Holdings (NYSE:ZMH) president & CEO David Dvorak was named board chairman of medical device industry lobby AdvaMed, a position once slated for ex-Stryker Corp. (NYSE:SYK) CEO Stephen MacMillan.
Dvorak replaces outgoing chairman Jim Mazzo, senior VP of Abbott Medical Optics, who landed the job in 2008. Mazzo retains his seat on the nominating committee for 2012-2014.
MacMillan, AdvaMed’s original choice for chairman, is no longer a board member, marking the latest in a round of departures for the young executive. He resigned from Stryker earlier this year citing "family reasons," a sudden move that spurred a flurry of industry buzz, and he resigned from the board of Texas Instruments shortly after.
Dvorak’s main goals during his 2-year term as chairman include implementing the new FDA user fee agreement, repealing the 2.3% top-line medical device tax and enhancing advocacy efforts in emerging markets, according to a press release.
VasoStitch forms scientific advisory board
Danville, Calif.-based vascular closure devices maker VasoStitch launched its new scientific advisory board with the appointment of its first members: Dr. William Fearon, a Stanford University School of Medicine associate professor; and Dr. Chaim Lotan, of The Heart Institute of the Hadassah University Hospital in Israel. Read more
- Exactech re-ups contract with CEO & board chairman Dr. William Petty
- BioDrain announces new board member, Joshua Kornberg
- ValveXchange names John Parrish board chairman
- Elron Electronics appoints Ehud Rassabi as an external director
- Syneron adds Dominick Arena to board of directors
- MichBio names Wendy Wendel director of marketing & communications
- Derma Sciences renews executive employment agreements