Convenient short insights and action plans from the best practices of over 11,003 medical device sales people and their leaders
Today’s consumers are savvier and more demanding than ever before. To reach them requires a sophisticated approach. Many times, in order to get your message heard above the noise of the prospective customer’s daily life, you need an approach that combines basic fundamentals with counterintuitive strategies, says Todd Zaugg, in Warrior Sales Monk: Heart of a Warrior, Soul of a Monk, Mind of a Professional.
Drawing upon the experiences of over 11,003 of some of the most highly-paid sales professionals, Zaugg concludes that top performers have mastered a “warrior-monk” balance, consisting of easily-assessed, multiple traits. Those traits can be acquired from self-awareness and being a student of human behaviors. Zaugg asserts that the warrior-monk balance has helped sales people consistently achieve a higher performance level as compared to their peers. Companies can grow dramatically, he says, by hiring and developing their sales forces based upon warrior-monk sales principles.
Zaugg’s book is not a sales “novel” because research shows that most sales people don’t have the time or patience. Instead, it is a reference guide, a collection of communication fundamentals as well as counterintuitive strategies. Easy to read “Illuminations” provide professionals with brief insights and action steps that are proven, practical and powerful. It is intended to be a breath of fresh air in helping professionals gain insights into the philosophies, behaviors and tactics that frame success.
The book includes an online, diagnostic assessment that allows sales people to measure themselves against top sales performers and is available in bookstores or at www.warriorsalesmonk.com.
Readers will find that the book and website will answer the critical questions of:
- How can you read your prospect or customer’s mind?
- What are the 14 signs that you should leave your job?
- What are the key “battery packs” that can impact your performance?
- What is the number one reason why you lose business opportunities?
- What are the 3 sins of time management?
- What are the 9 steps to every competitive conversion?
- What are the 15 competencies of top performers?
- How do you create a unique customer experience?
Excerpts From Warrior Sales Monk:
- Paranoia is your friend!!
- Great customer relationships can be dangerous
- Séance selling is critical for being a consultant
- Tactically manifested passion provides sales people with the courage to be pleasantly persistent.
- Some people think that a bad “sales call” is a victimless crime. Not true. You are most likely the criminal and the victim
- Love thy competitor!!
- Selling is motivating people into action …..and as such is a prerequisite for any profession.
- Man is NOT created equal
About the Author:
Todd Zaugg is the CEO, founder and principal of Matrix Achievement Group, LLC. Matrix is a global sales force performance consulting firm that provides coaching, training, and technology solutions by leveraging the collaborative effort of former sales executives, industry specific experts as well as adult learning professionals. The Matrix network has trained over 11, 037 sales people and 973 managers. His key areas of focus include hiring, training, measuring and motivating high performance teams and their leaders. He is a highly sought after global key note speaker and facilitator. This is his first, but not last, book. Todd currently lives in Memphis, TN with his wife and their three children. His family is an active contributor to Habit for Humanity, Coaches Time Out, and Swing for the Cure.
For more information on Warrior-Monk sales insights, visit www.warriorsalesmonk.com.