Varian and Siemens sign global radiosurgery collaboration deal
Varian Medical (NYSE:VAR) and Siemens (NYSE:SI) signed a global collaboration agreement to jointly pursue diagnostic and therapeutics solutions in image-guided radiosurgery and radiotherapy.
The deal includes mutual marketing worldwide for radiation oncology systems, software development between Siemens’ and Varian’s systems and exploration of opportunities for joint development of new products.
The news comes as rival radiosurgery devices maker Accuray launched a clinical study pitting its CyberKnife system against surgical prostatectomy with Intuitive Surgical’s (NSDQ:ISRG) da Vinci surgical robot in efforts to establish a new gold standard in treating early-stage prostate cancer.
Bausch & Lomb eyes new devices
Troubled eye-care giant Bausch & Lomb is looking toward medical devices, including a new cataract surgery system up for FDA approval, as it aims to put aside a slew of recalls and reposition itself in the market.
Keir Surgical signs exclusive distribution with Viking Systems
Viking Systems (OTC:VKNG) signed a deal making Keir Surgical the exclusive Canadian distributor for its products, including the Viking 3DHD Vision Systems
NxStage CEO Burbank sheds 9.2k shares
NxStage Medical (NSDQ:NXTM) president & CEO exercised his right to purchase 9,250 NXTM shares at $8.55 apiece, selling them for $16.93 each for a total gain of more than $77,500, according to SEC filings.
- Hamilton Thorne offers Canadian private placement of up to $750,000
- PhotoMedex prices $40M public offering at $13.32 per share
- Innovacell announces lands $11M to support Phase III studies
- Forus Health lands $5M investment for portable ophthalmology pre-screener
- Cadence Biomedical touts over-subscribed $1.1M Series A2 funding round
- Amgen (NSDQ:AMGN): UBS raises estimates and gives "neutral" rating as shares approach $71 on top of positive quarterly results
- HeartWare International‘s (NSDQ:HTWR): Leerink Swann rates "outperform" with a $95 valuation.
- Palomar Medical (NSDQ:PMTI): Cannaccord Genuity maintains "buy" rating; Leerink Swann maintains "market perform" rating
- Varian Medical (NYSE:VAR): Citigroup lowers to "neutral" rating, sets price target at $67; Jeffries lower price target from $75 to $73, maintains "overweight" rating
- Zimmer (NYSE:ZMH): Leerink Swann maintains "market perform" rating