Here are a handful of folks from outside the medtech industry who decided to create devices to solve their own health troubles or those of others around the world. Read on to see what high school, college and medical school students, a boiler engineer and a nurse came up with.
Home » These 5 DIY medical devices might surprise you
In case you missed it
- Access Vascular logs GPO win with Premier contract
- FDA joins ‘collaborative communities’
- TAVR technique cuts pacemaker implantation rate
- Ambrosia app links Abbott’s FreeStyle Libre with Fitbit wearable
- How can medical device companies thrive in the future?
- Synchron touts first-in-human implantation for brain-computer interface
- Balt parent escapes Neurvana Medical sabotage suit
- FDA IDs first devices for expedited 510(k) clearance review
- Zimmer Biomet, Align Technology ink distribution deal
- Report: Medtronic plans 100 more layoffs in shift from California to Massachusetts
- Integra Lifesciences touts Cadence ankle study
- Active Implants wins breakthrough nod for NUsurface knee implant
- Key questions for medical device companies to tackle gaps in cybersecurity processes
- Where are the world’s medtech headquarters?
- Tandem Diabetes Care touts real-world t:slim X2 insulin pump data
- FDA clears Viseon’s Voyant spine surgery imaging device
- Covalon closes $6m private placement