Teleflex (NYSE:TFX) named Thomas Powell CFO effective March 9, replacing Richard Meier, who was ousted the same day.
Powell joined the Limerick, Pa.-based device maker last year as senior vice president of global finance, according to regulatory filings, prior to which he was CFO of TomoTherapy, which was subsequently sold to Accuray (NSDQ:ARAY).
"Tom Powell joined our organization last year as part of our succession planning for key executive positions at Teleflex," chairman, president & CEO Benson Smith said in prepared remarks. "His contributions to our recent progress, combined with his background as CFO of 2 other publicly traded companies, as well as his medical technology industry experience, provide us with a very capable and seasoned executive to lead our finance organization as we implement our growth strategies."
The company swapped CFOs rather abruptly, announcing the immediately termination of Meier and appointment of Powell in a single March 9 SEC filing.
Here are latest personnel changes from medical device, diagnostics and life science companies around the nation. For more recent hirings and firings, check out MassDevice’s compilation of the latest personnel moves.
- Obama names Todd Park of HHS nation’s chief technology officer
- WaferGen Biosystems hands Ivan Trifunovich, former J&J manager, the keys to the corner office
- Tenex Health appoints former Mayo Clinic chair Dr. Bernard Morrey chief medical officer
- David Morrison resigns amicably from board of Staar Surgical
- MedAssets names Michael Nolte chief operating officer
- LensAR assigns interim CEO as Randy Frey shifts to consultant status
- Zebra Technologies hires Alicia Torres to lead health care global practice
At DeviceTalks Boston, Tyler Shultz will give attendees an inside look at Theranos and how he was able to sound the alarm after he realized the company was falling apart. Shultz will take attendees behind the story that everyone is talking about: the rise and fall of Elizabeth Holmes and her diagnostic company, Theranos.
Join Shultz and 1,000+ medical device professionals at the 8th annual DeviceTalks Boston.