Henry Schein (NSDQ:HSIC) said today it closed its acquisition of Southern Anesthesia + Surgical for an undisclosed amount. Southern Anesthasia + Surgical is a US distributor of anesthesia and surgical supplies to oral surgeons, dental anesthesiologists and periodontists, Melville, N.Y.-based Henry Schein said. The company offers controlled and non-controlled pharmaceuticals and surgical supplies to approximately 11,500 […]
Henry Schein (NSDQ:HSIC) said today made an 80% equity investment in Polish full-service dental distributor Marrodent. Warsaw, Poland-based Marrodent was founded in 1990, and recorded 2015 sales of approximately $32 million, according to Henry Schein. The company employs 60 sales representatives, and serves approximately 10,000 office-based dental practitioners in the region. “Our partnership comes at a […]
Henry Schein (NSDQ:HSIC) said it’s expanding its footprint in the Japanese dental market by buying a 50% stake in a subsidiary of J. Morita Corp. for an undisclosed amount. Melville, N.Y.-based Schein said the deal is for half of One Piece Corp., which has 8 dental dealerships in Japan and booked sales of roughly $125 million last […]
Henry Schein (NSDQ:HSIC) said today that it agreed to buy a majority stake in Brazil’s Dental Cremer, which distributes dental supplies and equipment, for an undisclosed amount. Blumenau-based Dental Cremer posted sales of roughly $70 million last year and employs about 530 workers, Schein said. “As Brazil’s dental market grows, fueled by an aging population and an expanding […]
Medtronic (NYSE:MDT) said today that it tapped Henry Schein (NSDQ:HSIC) to be its exclusive distributor for some Type II diabetes products in the U.S. Fridley, Minn.-based Medtronic said the Henry Schein Medical business will distribute the products to primary care physicians here, including its iPro2 Professional continuous glucose monitor and the i-Port Advance injection port. “Medtronic is committed […]
Henry Schein (NSDQ:HSIC) said yesterday that it agreed to acquire a 90% stake in Italian distributor Dental Trey for an undisclosed amount. Melville, N.Y.-based Schein said the deal, expected to close during the 4th quarter, leaves the remaining 10% share in the hands of members of Dental Trey’s founding family. The Fiumana di Predappio, Italy-based […]
By Chris Walker
The U.S. Defense Dept. issued $83.9 million worth of contracts to 4 medical device companies, according to the agency’s daily press release.