Grifols (NSDQ:GRFS) said today that it agreed to pay $100 million for a 49% stake in plasma collector Interstate Blood Bank. The deal includes an option to buy the remaining 51% for another $100 million and a $10 million call option, Barcelona-based Grifols said. IBB collects blood plasma so that is can be fractionated into blood […]
Cardiac Dimensions said this week that it tapped the former chief of AccessClosure, Gregory Casciaro, to be its new president & CEO. Casciaro led AccessClosure until its May 2014 acquisition by Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH) for $320 million. His résumé includes stints as the chief executive at drug-eluting stent maker Xtent, Orquest (acquired JNJ’s DePuy Acromed in 2003) […]
BlackRock Inc., 1 of the world’s largest hedge funds, boosted its stake in a clutch of medical device companies, with 1 exception.