Following his abrupt resignation from the corner office at Stryker Corp. (NYSE:SYK), Stephen MacMillan also stepped down from the Texas Instruments board of directors.
MacMillan had been on the board since 2008. No reason was given for his departure in regulatory filings.
The decision may be tied to the same "family issues" that prompted MacMillan to leave Stryker earlier this month.
MacMillan’s decision, which has left many in the industry scratching their heads, was made for personal reasons and unrelated to his performance at Stryker. MLive, a news outlet in Michigan, said that his swift departure may be related to divorce proceedings.
MacMillan’s resignation from the Kalamazoo, Mich.-based device maker was made public in a prepared release Feb. 8, effective immediately.
Here are the latest personnel changes from medical device, diagnostics and life science companies around the nation. For more recent hirings and firings, check out MassDevice’s compilation of the latest personnel moves.
ConvaTec gets a new CEO
ConvaTec CEO David Johnson will be replaced by Ken Berger, effective March 6. Berger, who leaves his position as senior VP and group president of the specialty diagnostics group at Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE:TMO), will also get a seat on ConvaTec’s board of directors. Read more
Mayo Clinic announces 2012 appointments for board officers and professorships
The Mayo Clinic board of trustees announced its 2012 officers this month, naming former Medtronic (NYSE:MDT) chairman & CEO Bill George to a 2-year term as an external trustee. Read more
- InVivo Therapeutics adds Brian Hess as director of product development
- Getinge Group appoints Heinz Jacqui new VP of medical systems
- Analogic names Mark Miller VP and GM of North American ultrasound sales
- Electromed hires Dr. James Cassidy as COO
- Small Bone Innovations names Michael Simpson president & CEO
- Pyng Medical director Michael Jacobs resigns
- Lanx adds 6 to board: Drs. Cappuccino, Balsano, Fessler, Freese, Oppenheim and Patel
- NDS Surgical names Dr. Peter Steven chief technology officer
- CareCloud appoints John Hallock VP of corporate communications