Netanya, Israel-based Ventor is developing an aortic replacement valve called the Engager. Medtronic bought the company for $325 million 3 years ago.
The med-tech titan said it’s closing Ventor down because it’s finished the research phase and has recruited patients for a clinical trial ahead of applying for CE Mark approval in the European Union, according to the Globes newspaper.
All 55 Ventor employees will be laid off over the next 2 months, after which Medtronic will shutter the facility, according to the newspaper.
Femasys inks Japanese distribution deal with Bayer for FemVue system
Femasys said it inked a deal with Bayer (PINK:BAYRY) to distribute its FemVue device in Japan. Read more
- Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE:EW): Barclays Capital maintains "equal weight" rating, $80 price target.
- Intuitive Surgical (NSDQ:ISRG): Zacks Equity Research reiterates "neutral" rating.
- Kensey Nash (NSDQ:KNSY): TheStreet Ratings upgrades from "hold" to "buy."
- Medidata NSDQ:MDSO): Jefferies raises rating to "buy" from "neutral," raises price target from $21.50 to $31.
- Volcano (NSDQ:VOLC): Jefferies raises rating to "buy," increases price target from $28 to $37.