Clearstream, which makes angioplasty catheters and stents, has already added 100 jobs at its Enniscorthy, Ireland facility so far this year, according to the Wexford People newspaper.
Bard paid $68.5 million for Clearstream in September 2011. Since then Clearstream has almost doubled its workforce, to 410, the newspaper reported.
"The sky really is the limit here in Enniscorthy. At the moment our clean room at this facility is 20% utilized. That leaves 80% growth opportunity. Also I don’t want people to think that when we’re running at 100%, that that’s it. We do have some land on either side and hopefully we can expand even further in the future," Bard’s manufacturing vice president, Mark Walaska, told the paper.
Bard in October reported profits of $131.3 million, or $1.69 per share, on sales of $830.0 million for the 3 months ended Sept. 30, representing sales growth of 9.5% compared with Q3 2013. Adjusted to exclude 1-time items, earnings per share were $2.15, a nickel ahead of The Street.
The company won pre-market approval from the FDA last month for its Lutonix drug-eluting balloon for peripheral artery disease.