By Lindsay Mann, Director of Sales & Marketing
For OEMs who need a rapid prototype of their new medical device design, there are plenty of vendors to choose from.
But for OEMs who are ready to move into production or need to miniaturize a next-generation product already on the market, it can be much more difficult to find a reliable solution to get to market quickly.
This is why MTD Micro Molding developed a Quick Launch Program, specifically focusing on the production of advanced micro medical components.
Gary Hulecki, executive vice president, explains that “OEMs that are on the fast track to bring a design to market often need an ultra-efficient path that avoids lead time and budget barriers. This program was designed in response to the needs we are hearing from our customers and the industry.”
An Accelerated Program for Production
The Quick Launch Program is an accelerated program that helps OEMs who are ready to move their micro medical part into production quickly. Customers get access to MTD’s world-class engineering team and materials expertise. Patrick Haney, R&D engineer, says, “We understand what polymer materials will be a good fit for your micro medical designs for the long term. We can work with customers to determine what materials will work now and be easily sustained as you go forward.” Because MTD solely focuses on advanced medical micro molding, the team knows how to help customers push the envelope and achieve predictable outcomes, even on breakthrough micro medical components never produced before.
This program is also a great resource for OEMs who need a cost-effective solution for ramping up volumes after prototyping and aren’t getting the performance they expected—or need—from their current vendor. Hulecki says, “Customers sometimes worry they don’t have the capital to change vendors. Because our company is built for high performance in validated production, we often save them considerable time and money in the long term.” In other words, it’s never too late to talk to MTD, regardless of what project phase a customer is in.
The Quick Launch Program does not cost customers any additional cost, if their project qualifies. In fact, they receive discounted tooling with volume commitments and they will receive lifetime tooling maintenance. “We are fully invested in our customers’ long term success.”
Key Program Benefits
- Accelerated program at no additional cost for qualified projects
- Discounted tooling with volume commitments
- Access to world-class engineering team, including materials engineers
- Expedited lead times
- 24-hour quote turnaround time
- Includes lifetime tooling maintenance
Micro Medical Expertise
- Materials Expertise: We can suggest materials that are a good fit for your design for the long term—materials that will work now and be easily sustained as you go forward.
- Problem-Solving Expertise: 20% of our new projects comes to us as “rescues.” We can help you push the envelope—allowing predictable outcomes even on breakthrough products never produced before.
- Validated Production: Customers have said the biggest benefit in partnering with MTD Micro Molding is our turnaround time and speed to market. In fact, we produce acceptable product on the first mold sampling 90% of the time.
Sponsored content by MTD Micro Molding