- CardiAQ Valve Technologies taps former CoreValve COO Michiels as CEO
CardiAQ Valve Technologies announced that it has appointed former CoreValve president and COO Rob Michiels, 61, CEO effective immediately. Michiels will remain a director of CVT and founding CEO Brent Ratz will remain a director and president of CVT, adding COO to his roster of titles.
- Orthocon names John Pacifico president and CEO
Orthocon Inc. announced that John Pacifico was appointed president, CEO and member of the company’s board of directors.
- Symmetry Medical appoints Thomas Sullivan president and CEO
Symmetry Medical Inc. (NYSE:SMA) announced that its board of directors appointed Thomas Sullivan president and CEO, effective Jan. 17.
- Insulet appoints Charles Liamos as COO
Insulet Corporation (NSDQ:PODD) announced the appointment of Charles Liamos as COO. Liamos, an Insulet director since 2005, will keep his seat on the board.
- Orthofix International promotes Robert Vaters to COO
Orthofix International NV (NSDQ:OFIX) announced that Robert Vaters was promoted to COO, effective immediately. Vaters, currently CFO, will now be responsible for the operations of the company and continue to report to president and CEO Alan Milinazzo.
- Sequenom appoints William Welch to senior vice president, diagnostics
Sequenom (NSDQ:SQNM) announced the appointment of William Welch as senior vice president of diagnostics. Welch will report to chairman and CEO Harry Hixson Jr. and be responsible for all commercial aspects of the company’s diagnostics business.
- CAS Medical Systems names former Covidien exec Herwig VP of sales and marketing
CAS Medical Systems Inc. (NSDQ:CASM) announced that former Covidien plc (NYSE:COV) executive Matthew Herwig joined its executive management team as vice president of sales and marketing. Herqig is Covidien’s former VP of marketing for its energy-based devices segment.
- MedAvante names new head of neurocognition therapeutics
MedAvante Inc. announced the appointment of Christopher Randolph to the new position of vice president, neurocognition, where he will lead a team focused on Alzheimer’s disease, mild cognitive impairment and other neurocognitive disorders.
- EraGen appoints Gregory Rodgers vice president of manufacturing
EraGen Biosciences Inc. announced the appointment of industry veteran Gregory Rodgers as vice president of manufacturing.