The TrakStar Plus system builds on the Malvern, Penn.-based company’s TrakStar Cloud platform, designed to help physicians track patients implanted with Neuronetics’ NeuroStar device. Neurostar uses strong magnetic fields to stimulate areas of the brain associated with mood, and is designed to treat patients with major depressive disorder who do not respond to medication.
The system now includes an interface that is optimized for mobile phones and tablets and offers the existing desktop features. TrakStar Plus also supports mobile patient health questionnaire collection via a separate ratings site, which lets patients answer the depression screening survey in real time on a mobile device while in the doctor’s office. The new feature is designed to save office staff time and give patients a quick and easy method for completing these forms.
“We’re proud to offer the most advanced TMS patient and practice data management system on the market today and remain committed to listening to the clinical community to ensure we continually improve the TrakStar platform to best meet their changing needs and the needs of their patients,” said Neuronetics VP of product development & operations Greg Harper in a news release. “The TrakStar Plus system was designed to allow physicians to focus on their patients instead of burdensome administrative tasks that can distract from patient care.”
Other new features include:
- The ability to export notes, rating, and treatment data directly to many popular electronic medical records (EMR) platforms, eliminating the need for printing and scanning patient documents.
- The ability to add more specifics to reports.
- Expanded listing capabilities, enabling customers to display up to 100 patients per page.
- An electronic signature feature.
- An authorized insurance payments tracking feature.
- A patient photo identification option.