Cardinal Health appointed Donald Casey Jr. to lead its $9 billion medical products and services division, effective next week.
Casey is a 24-year Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) veteran, starting in sales and marketing for the health care giant’s McNeil Consumer Products business in 1985. He rose through the ranks to join the company’s executive committee, becoming worldwide chairman of the $10 billion comprehensive care group, which included cardiovascular, diagnostic, diabetes and vision units.
He left J&J to become the 1st CEO of the Gary and Mary West Wireless Institute, a non-profit research organization focused on lowering the cost of health care through wireless technology solutions.
Casey succeeds outgoing medical segment CEO Mike Lynch, who resigned in order "pursue his ambition to lead a company on his own in the Chicago area," according to a press release.
Smith & Nephew widens incentive program to BRIC employees
Orthopedic devices giant Smith & Nephew (NYSE:SNN) expanded its internal incentive structure allowing employees in Brazil, Russia, India and China to put about $396 per month (£250) toward purchasing discounted stock. Read more
Ximedica appoints Randall Barko president & CEO
Providence, R.I.-based med-tech product development services provider Ximedica named Randall Barko its new president & CEO, succeeding founding CEO Stephen Lane who will assume the role of chairman and chief venture officer. Read more
ZipLine Medical names John Tighe president & CEO
Campbell, Calif.-based surgical skin closure device maker ZipLine Medical named John Tighe president & CEO, calling him a "serial CEO who knows how to build and grow profitable companies." Read more
- CSA Medical hires Marc Davidson as chief technology officer
- Innovative Trauma Care appoints Philip Faris executive board chairman
- Haemonetics global markets president Mikael Gordon resigns, effective June 15
- Mauna Kea names Gilles Brisson chairman of the board
- Orthofix board member Alan Milinazzo announces intention to retire
- Cogmedix promotes Matthew Giza to VP and general manager
- Computer Vision Systems appoints David Fiorella to its scientific advisory board
- Zeltiq Aesthetics names Michael Genau president of North American unit as David Heagy resigns as N.A. sales VP
- InspireMD announces Robert Ratini VP of sales & marketing
- InVivo Therapeutics board member Christi Pedra opts not to run for re-election