Ivantis said it raised a $27 million Series B round led by Ascension Health Ventures aimed at funding a quartet of clinical trials for its Hydrus Microstent glaucoma treatment.
The Irvine, Calif.-based medical device company said the device, an eyelash-sized stent, is designed to reduce eye pressure.
"We are pleased and grateful to have AHV leading our Series B financing, as well as the ongoing commitment of our current investors," president & CEO Dave Van Meter said in prepared remarks. "Through partnerships with our new investors AHV and MemorialCare Innovation Fund, whose limited partners include several leading nonprofit hospital systems in the U.S., we have added 2 ideal new investors as we seek to maximize not only the potential clinical benefits but also the socioeconomic impact of our technology."
Is Endo Health on the auction block?
Endo Health Solutions (NSDQ:ENDP) is talking with potential acquirers including Warner Chilcott and Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, unnamed sources told Reuters.
Natus closes Grass Technologies buyout
Natus Medical (NSDQ:BABY) said it’s closed its $18.6 million buyout of Astro-Med’s Grass Technologies line of neurodiagnostic and monitoring devices.
Osseon drums up $14M
Osseon Therapeutics said it raised a $14 million round of equity financing led by a private investor it plans to use to expand vertebral compression fracture device line.
Becton, Dickinson logs yet another 52-week high
Shares of Becton Dickinson & Co. (NYSE:BDX) reached another 52-week high today, cresting at $85.23 before subsiding to $85.20 as of about 1:10 p.m.
- Align Technology (NSDQ:ALGN): Jefferies raises price target to $36, “buy” rating.
- Boston Scientific (NYSE:BSX): Citigroup reiterates “buy” rating, raises price target from $7.30 to $8.20; Goldman Sachs maintains "sell" rating, raises price target from $5.20 to $6.60.
- C.R. Bard (NYSE:BCR): BMO Capital Markets reiterates “market perform” rating, lowers price target from $102 to $99; Leerink Swann maintains "market perform" rating, lowers price target to $107-$110 from $110-$115.
- Cardiovascular Systems (NSDQ:CSII): Leerink Swann maintains “outperform” rating, raises price target to ~$16 from ~$14.
- Endo Health Solutions (NSDQ:ENDP): Oppenheimer downgrades to “perform” from “outperform” rating.
- Nordion (NYSE:NDZ): TheStreet Ratings downgrades to “sell” rating.
- Stryker (NYSE:SYK): Mizuho downgrades from “buy” to “hold” rating.
- Zimmer (NYSE:ZMH): BMO Capital Markets reiterates “outperform” rating, raises price target from $80 to $82; Leerink Swann maintains "market perform" rating, raises price target to $82 from $66; Mizuho downgrades from "buy" to "underperform" rating; Piper Jaffray reissues "overweight" rating, $85 price target.