MassDevice.com, the online business journal for the medical device industry, is proud to name 28 chief executives whom we feel represent cutting-edge leadership and innovative thinking for our inaugural CEO Class of 2011.
The executives, who come from all across the United States, represent companies across the med-tech spectrum, from large-cap diversified product firms to companies still in the early stages, and from a variety of life science disciplines. They were selected as part of a national search to find the most innovative thinkers in the space, nominated by readers of MassDevice, with the final selections to be made by our editors.
Our readers were asked questions about the nominees that included:
- Is the CEO a visionary thinker who’s always on the cutting edge of promising new technologies?
- Is the CEO driving the turnaround of a flagging product line, division — or even the entire company? How?
- Is the CEO instilling a culture of innovation? Recognizing and rewarding creative thinking?
- Is CEO helping his/her company change the way healthcare is delivered?
The CEO Class of 2011 will be recognized at three regional roundtables MassDevice is planning across the country, starting with the New England Regional Roundtable July 11, 2011, at the Waltham Westin Hotel in Waltham, Mass. Our final selections from our list of innovative CEOs will be announced in the MassDevice Big 100 book of the world’s 100 largest medical device companies, which will be released simultaneously with the July 11 event.
Congratulations to our Class of 2011:
New England Region:
- Jeffrey Burbank, NxStage Medical Inc.
- Kenneth Ferry, iCad Inc.
- Spencer Goldsmith, Harvard Clinical Research
- Steve Kelly, Myomo Inc.
- Philipp Lang, ConforMIS Inc.
- Daniel Levangie, Keystone Medical Inc.
- David L. Lucchino, Semprus BioSciences Corp.
- Michael Mathur, BL Healthcare Inc.
- Michael Minogue, Abiomed Inc.
- David Muller, Avedro Inc.
- Lewis Nashner, Interactive Motion Technologies Inc.
- Richard Packer, ZOLL Medical Corp.
- Amar Sawhney, Ocular Therapeutix Inc.
- Mitchell Sanders, ECI Biotech Inc.
- Joanne B. Bauer, Kimberly Clark Health Care
- Patrick Dentinger, Absorption Systems Inc.
- William Hawkins, Medtronic Inc. (Ret.)
- Daniel Moore, Cyberonics Inc.
- Howard Root, Vascular Solutions Inc.
- Timothy Ring, CR Bard Inc.
- Joel Barthelemy, Global Media Group
- Gary Guthart, Intuitive Surgical Inc.
- Terrance Gregg, DexCom Inc.
- R. Scott Huennekens, Volcano Corp.
- Randall Lipps, Omnicell
- Michael A. Mussallem, Edwards Lifesciences Corp.
- Mark Sieczkarek, Conceptus Inc.
- Euan Thomson,Accuray, Inc.