Grifols’ investment in Singulex now has a fully-diluted pre-money valuation of $200 million, the company said in an SEC filing. Along with the investment, Grifols will be entitled to appoint a director to serve on Singulex’s board, the company said.
Grifols said Singulex also granted it an exclusive worldwide license for the use and sale of its tech for blood donor and plasma screening, according to an SEC filing.
Singulex is developing single molecule counting technology designed to detect biomarkers of diseases that were previously undetectable.
In April, Grifols said it agreed to pay $100 million for a 49% stake in plasma collector Interstate Blood Bank. The deal includes an option to buy the remaining 51% for another $100 million and a $10 million call option, Barcelona-based Grifols said.
IBB collects blood plasma so that is can be fractionated into blood serum products. Grifols said it expects to close the deal “within the month.”
The Spanish conglomerate makes plasma-derived protein therapies and products and IV solutions for hospital pharmacies, hospitals and laboratories.