News of the roughly $995 million bid sent SONO shares up 27% when it was announced Dec. 15, 2011. Now that it’s consummated, SONO shareholders have pulled down a 50% premium over SonoSite’s three-month average closing price as of Dec. 14, 2011.
Fujifilm has said that SonoSite will operate as a wholly-owned subsidiary from its Bothell, Wash., headquarters and retain its management team.
SONO shares ceased trading on the NASDAQ exchange when it closed yesterday. Fujifilm shares closed down 1.0% at ¥1,941 (~$23.45) today in Tokyo. U.S. ADR shares were up a hair to $23.51 as of about 3:30 today.
Orchid closes buyout of Sandvik’s medical solutions biz
Orchid Orthopedic Solutions closed its buyout of Sandvik‘s (FRA:SVKB) medical solutions business. Read more
Derma Sciences drops $15M on MedEfficiency
Derma Sciences (NSDQ:DSCI) agreed to pay $14.5 million for Wheat Ridge, Colo.-based MedEfficiency and its Total Contact Cast for treating diabetic foot ulcers. Read more
Accuray signs German R&D deal
Accuray (NSDQ:ARAY) and the University of Heidelberg, the birthplace of disciplines including psychiatry, psychopharmacology, psychiatric genetics, environmental physics and modern sociology, inked a deal to collaborate on research in radiation oncology. Read more
GE Healthcare plans to expand in China
GE‘s (NYSE:GE) healthcare division plans to more than double its sales to China’s "grassroots market" – hospitals in 2nd- and 3rd-tier areas, and medical clinics –
to half of its business in the People’s Republic within 5 years, according to GE Healthcare China president & CEO
Rachel Duan. Read more
- Abbott (NYSE:ABT): JP Morgan
increases price target from $55 to $60, maintains "neutral" rating.
- Allergan (NYSE:AGN): Stifel Nicolaus raises price target from $90 to $110, maintains "buy" rating.
- Covidien (NYSE:COV): Barclays Capital maintains "overweight" rating, $57 price target.
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ): TheStreet Ratings downgrades to "hold."
- McKesson (NYSE:MCK): Citigroup increases price target to $102, maintains "buy" rating.
- Medtronic (NYSE:MDT): Morgan Stanley maintains its "equal-weight" rating.