EndoStim added another tranche to its $16.5 million equity round, according to a regulatory filing, saying it’s added some $11.2 million to its coffers as it develops a pacemaker-like implant to treat gastro-esophageal reflux disease.
The round includes contributions from 67 unnamed investors in 14 states, according to the filing. The EndoStim LES stimulator is designed to deliver electrical current to the lower esophageal sphincter to relieve GERD.
The device is implanted subcutaneously in the abdomen with leads connecting to the lower esophageal sphincter. The system delivers low energy electrical impulses to strengthen a weak or dysfunctional LES muscle, which is the underlying cause of GERD, commonly known as acid reflux disease.
BioHeart lands cash, launches clinical trial
BioHeart (PINK:BHRT) said it’s raised the necessaries to begin the ANGEL trial, a 5-patient Phase I clinical study of its LipiCell adipose-derived stem cell treatment for congestive heart failure, to be conducted in Mexico at the Hospital Angeles with the Regenerative Medicine Institute.
Intuitive Surgical announces $1B share buyback
Intuitive Surgical (NSDQ:ISRG) said its board authorized the repurchase of an additional $1 billion worth of its own stock, taking the total available for repurchase to $1.21 billion.
Stryker closes $1B notes offerings
Stryker (NYSE:SYK) said it closed a public offering of $600 million worth of its 1.3% notes due 2018 Notes”) and $400 million worth of its 4.1% notes due 2043.
- Abbott (NYSE:ABT): Zacks upgrades from "underperform" to "neutral" rating, $36 price target.
- Abiomed (NSDQ:ABMD): Zacks reiterates "neutral" rating.
- Bruker Corp. (NSDQ:BRKR): Jefferies upgrades rating from "hold" to "buy" rating, raises price target from $20 to $25.
- Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH): Citigroup downgrades from "buy" to "neutral" rating, lowers price target from $47 to $43; UBS cuts price target to $50.
- Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE:EW): JP Morgan maintains "neutral" rating, lowers price target from $88 to $82.
- Intuitive Surgical (NSDQ:ISRG): Zacks downgrades from "outperform" to "neutral" rating, $521 price target.
- Optos plc (LON:OPTS): Canaccord Genuity lowers price target from $4.73 to $4.71, "buy" rating; Investec reaffirms "sell" rating, $2.37 price target; N+1 Singer downgrades to a "sell" rating, $2.60 price target; Nplus1 Brewin downgrades to "sell" rating, $2.60 price target; Shore Capital Stockbrokers reaffirms "hold" rating.
- Palomar Medical (NSDQ:PMTI): Maxim downgrades from "buy" to "hold" rating.
- Smith & Nephew (FTSE:SN, NYSE:SNN): Goldman Sachs reaffirms "neutral" rating.
- Stryker (NYSE:SYK): Leerink Swann reiterates "outperform" rating, raises price target to $74 from $61.