Although insiders have been selling shares, 3 of them in the last week, none have purchased any since at least April, SeekingAlpha reported.
During that time shares have gained nearly 40% from an opening price of $72.78 on April 2 to yesterday’s close at $101.08.
Insider trades in the last week include by chief financial officer Thomas Abate, who sold 20,000 share on August 24; Japan & Asia Pacific corporate vice president Huimin Wang, who sold 15,000 shares on August 28; and director John Cardis, who sold 7,000 shares on August 27, according to SeekingAlpha.
That respectively amounts to at least $2 million, $694,000 and $1.5 million in value for each sales, based on the lowest Wall Street trading value for those days.
BSD Medical launches dirt sales into major U.S. cities
BSD Medical Corp. (NSDQ:BSDM) expanded its MicroThermX microwave ablation system sales into major U.S. cities through a direct sales program. New coverage includes cities in Florida, New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Chicago, Detroit, Phoenix, Las Vegas, southern California, Dallas and Houston. Read more
Radiosurgery devices maker Varian establishes South Korean subsidiary
Varian Medical (NYSE:VAR), maker of the TrueBeam radiosurgery systems, launched a new subsidiary in South Korea, which will help roll out the company’s flagship technology in that country. Read more
Wright Medical prices $260M offering
Wright Medical (NSDQ:WMGI) last week priced a $260 million offering of convertible senior notes due 2017, which will be sold to qualified institutional investors. Wright also authorized an additional $40 million in principal notes to cover over-allotments. The company expects the offering to close by the end of August. Read more
iSirona named 82nd fastest-growing private company
Medical device integration services provider iSirona ranked 82nd in Inc. 500’s list of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. Read more
Skin health company Photomedex announces $25M share buyback
Montgomery, Pa.-based PhotoMedex (NSDQ:PHMD) announced that its board of directors authorized a $25 million share repurchase program, to take place over the next 12 months and to be paid for with cash on hand.
GPOs: Teleflex signs with HealthTrust Purchasing and Premier healthcare alliance
Teleflex (NYSE:TFX) signed 2 new deals with group purchasing organizations, agreeing to provide CV catheters to HealthTrust Purchasing and respiratory products to Premier healthcare alliance. Read more
- C.R. Bard (NYSE:BCR): Zacks Equity Research reiterates "neutral" rating
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings (NSDQ:ENDP): J.P. Morgan reiterates "overweight" rating, $48.00 price target
- Globus Medical (NYSE:GMED): Bank of America initiates coverage with $17 price target and “buy” rating
- Intuitive Surgical (NSDQ:ISRG): Goldman Sachs lowers price target from $594 to $556, reiterates “neutral” rating
- Medtronic (NYSE:MDT): Cowen reaffirms “outperform” rating
- St. Jude Medical (NYSE:STJ): Piper Jaffray maintains “overweight” rating, $40 price target
- Varian Medical (NYSE:VAR): Goldman Sachs raises price target from $50 to $52, reiterates “sell” rating
- Zeltiq (NSDQ:ZLTQ): Goldman Sachs lowers price target from $6 to $5.80, reiterates “neutral” rating
On June 4-5, DeviceTalks Minnesota is taking over the Twin Cities medtech industry with one of the most anticipated conferences of the spring.
Join leaders from 3M, Abbott, Bigfoot Biomedical, Boston Scientific, Cardionomic, CMF Solutions, Cyient, Google Mayo Clinic, Medical Alley, Medtronic, NxThera, Opus College, Relievant Medsystems, University of Minnesota, Star Tribune, Smith & Nephew, Spry Health, Zimmer Biomet and many more when you register today.
Use the code "DTWeb" to save 15% on the cost of registration.