Cleveland HeartLab pulled in $14.7 million in equity financing for its proprietary test for cardiac inflammation, according to a regulatory filing.
The CardioMPO test was developed by Dr. Stanley Hazen, director of the Cleveland Clinic’s center for cardiovascular diagnostics and prevention.
Cleveland HeartLab closed a $3 million round in 2010, with backers including Glengary and Second Generation Ltd.
The round was led by Mutual Capital Partners, according to Crain’s Cleveland Business, and included existing investors Excel Medical Ventures, HealthCare Ventures and the Cleveland Clinic.
The filing listed 19 un-named investors and named as "related persons" Dr. Keith Kerman, an operating partner and senior advisor at the Riverside Company; Excel Venture Management’s Steve Gullans; HealthCare Ventures managing director Gus Lawlor; Wayne Wallace, a general partner at Mutual Capital Partners; and former Wisconsin governor (and current Senate candidate) Tommy Thompson.
LeMaitre Vascular closes $5M buyout of Neovasc’s Xenosure patch
LeMaitre Vascular (NSDQ:LMAT) closed its $4.6 million purchase of Neovasc‘s (NYSE:NVC) XenoSure vascular patch, used to repair blood vessels.
ConforMIS expands HQ fourfold
ConforMIS, which recently launched the next generation of its iTotal G2 custom total knee implant, quadrupled the space of its former location with a move to a new, 120,000-square-foot facility in Bedford, Mass., saying it plans to add more than 100 new jobs over the next 12 to 18 months.
- Baxter (NYSE:BAX): Zacks reiterates "neutral" rating, sets $64 price target.
- Cardiovascular Systems (NSDQ:CSII): Leerink Swann maintains “outperform” rating, raises price target from $11-$12 to ~$14, raises estimates.
- Intuitive Surgical (NSDQ:ISRG): Barrington Research increases price target to $650, upgrades to “outperform” rating.
- Medidata NSDQ:MDSO): Piper Jaffray raises from "neutral" to "overweight" rating, increases price target from $31 to $54.
- Palomar Medical (NSDQ:PMTI): Leerink Swann maintains “market perform” rating, ~$10 price target.
- Smith & Nephew (FTSE:SN, NYSE:SNN): Exane BNP Paribas restates “outperform” rating, sets $12.46 (£7.75) price target.
- Solta Medical (NSDQ:SLTM): Leerink Swann maintains “outperform” rating, raises price target to $4.73 from $4.59.
- Staar Surgical Co. (NSDQ:STAA): Canaccord Genuity downgrades from "buy" to "hold" rating.
- Teleflex (NYSE:TFX): Credit Agricole upgrades from "underperform" to "outperform" rating; Leerink Swann maintains “market perform” rating, raises price target from ~$69 to ~$72.