Under its “Made in China 2025” plan, the Chinese government seeks explosive growth in biomedical and high-end medical device manufacturing.
Grace Fu Palma, China Med Device
In 2015, the China State Council issued a 10-year manufacturing plan called “Made in China 2025.” The goal is to elevate the “giant but weak” Chinese manufacturing industry into one of the most powerful manufacturing countries in the world in next 10 years.
The plan includes:
- The first 10-year plan (2015–2025) is to become a powerful manufacturing country.
- The second 10-year plan (2025–2035) is for China manufacturing industry to reach the middle level of the world’s advanced countries.
- The third 10-year plan (2035–2045) is to be the leading powerful manufacturing country in the world.
5 major projects
- National manufacturing innovation center construction;
- An industrially strong foundation;
- Green manufacturing;
- High-end equipment manufacturing innovation;
- Intelligent manufacturing.
You may also like:
At DeviceTalks Boston, Tyler Shultz will give attendees an inside look at Theranos and how he was able to sound the alarm after he realized the company was falling apart. Shultz will take attendees behind the story that everyone is talking about: the rise and fall of Elizabeth Holmes and her diagnostic company, Theranos.
Join Shultz and 1,000+ medical device professionals at the 8th annual DeviceTalks Boston.