February 23, 2015 by Brian Johnson
Healthcare giant Johnson & Johnson may have found a buyer for its Cordis business, according to Bloomberg News.
Cardinal Health has emerged as the leading suitor to buy Cordis, which makes stents, catheters and other vascular devices, according to the news service. Spokesman for J&J and Cardinal declined to comment on the rumor to Bloomberg. Anonymous sources told the Wall Street Journal in August that Cordis could command a $1.5 billion to $2 billion price tag. Read more
February 19, 2015 by Val Kennedy
3M Cos. announced it has entered into an agreement to buy disinfectant-products maker Ivera.
Ivera’s lead product, the Curos I.V. port-connector cap, is used to help prevent catheter-related blood-stream infections, or CRBSIs. 3M said the product will complement its Tegaderm line of antimicrobial I.V. securement dressings. Read more
February 18, 2015 by Brian Johnson
Actavis will adopt the Allergan name once the $66 billion merger is complete, CEO Brent Saunders told CNBC this week.
“When you look at those two equities, both had lots of value, but Allergan really stood for innovation, it stood for customer focus, and that really describes I think the new company we are today better than Actavis,” Saunders said during an interview on the television show “Squawk Box.” Read more
February 19, 2015 by Brian Johnson
Lumenis Ltd., which raised nearly $100 million through an initial public offering on NASDAQ last year, is in talks to be acquired by Chinese conglomerate Fosun for nearly $500 million, according to the Israeli financial newspaper Calcalist.
The paper reported that Fosun officials had made initial contact with executives from Yokneam, Israel-based Lumenis, who indicated that they would accept an offer of $480 million for the company, a 26% premium over its current market value. Read more
February 24, 2015 by Val Kennedy
Uroplasty and Vision-Sciences shareholders will vote on the proposed all-stock merger deal between the two companies on March 30, according to a regulatory filing.
Under the merger agreement, Uroplasty shareholders will receive 3.6331 shares of Vision-Sciences stock for each Uroplasty share. After the merger, Uroplasty shareholders will hold a 62.5% stake in the combined company, with Vision-Sciences shareholders holding the remaining 37.5%. Read more
DeviceTalks Minnesota's leadership track is designed to provide attendees with insights on topics such as:
Use code SAVE15 to save 15%!