Bruker Corp. (NSDQ:BRKR) shares took a double-digit dive this morning after the medical device company said it expects the European fiscal crisis to cut its 2ns-quarter per-share earnings roughly in half.
Bruker said it expects to report adjusted EPS of 11¢-13¢ for the 3 months ended June 30, on sales of about $420 million. Wall Street analysts were expecting adjusted EPS of 21¢.
The miss sent BRKR shares down 11.7% to $11.80 as of about 11:30 a.m. today.
Bruker Cardica resumes MicroCutter trial, gains YY%
Shares of Cardica (NSDQ:CRDC) are up YY% after the company said it resumed a clinical trial, suspended early this year, of its MicroCutter XChange 30 cutter/stapler. Cardica suspended the trial in January, sending its shares down more than 20%, because the device "did not perform satisfactorily in thicker tissue" in a small number of cases. CRDC shares are up 2.8% today, to $1.85, on the news.
Biomet details DePuy Ortho trauma integration
Biomet Inc. said it expects its acquisition of DePuy Orthopaedics’ trauma operation to drive its sports, extremities and trauma division to a $500 million run rate, according to an SEC filing.
- Abbott (NYSE:ABT): UBS maintains "buy" rating, raises price target from $68 to $72.
- ArthroCare (NSDQ:ARTC): TheStreet Ratings upgrades to "buy."
- AthenaHealth (NSDQ:ATHN): Jefferies & Co. raises price target to $85, sets "hold" rating; ISI Group downgrades from "overweight" to "market weight," increases price target from $94 to $102.
- Becton Dickinson & Co. (NYSE:BDX): Citigroup reiterates "neutral" rating, reduces price target from $78 to $77.
- Boston Scientific (NYSE:BSX): Citigroup reiterates "neutral" rating, reduces price target from $6.50 to $6; S&P Capital IQ upgrades rating from "sell" to "hold," sets $5.50 price target.
- C.R. Bard (NYSE:BCR): Citigroup reiterates "neutral" rating, raises price target from $99 to $107.
- Intuitive Surgical (NSDQ:ISRG): Dougherty & Co. maintains "buy" rating, $670 price target; Cantor Fitzgerald maintains "hold" rating, $475 price target; Zacks Equity Research reissues "neutral" rating, sets $523 price target.
- Zimmer (NYSE:ZMH): Citigroup reiterates "sell" rating, raises price target from $56 to $59.