Brainsway Ltd.’s (PINK:BRSYF) transcranial magnetic stimulation device won Israeli Ministry of Health approval to treat major depression, bipolar disorder and negative impairment in schizophrenia patients.
The approval clears Jerusalem-based Brainsway to sell the non-invasive TMS device, which delivers brief magnetic pulses to the brain, to four medical centers specializing in mental disorders.
"We are very pleased to receive this vote of confidence in the Deep TMS technology from our homeland’s regulatory authority. We are now working to update indications with the Israeli Ministry of Health to bring them more in line with the approvals that we’ve already received in Europe," CEO Uzi Sofer said in prepared remarks.
- Elekta company Nucletron receives 510(k) clearance for vaginal applicator
- FDA clears Planmed’s full-field digital mammography system
- Siemens Healthcare’s mobile x-ray system receives FDA clearance
- Symetis’ aortic bioprosthesis gets CE Mark certification
- JenaValve Tech receives first CE certification for transapical TAVI system
- U.N.C. spinout, G-Zero receives $3 million grant for radiation therapy
- ResolutionMD Mobile cleared for clinical use in U.S.
- FDA grants humanitarian device exemption for ALS treatment
- Cardiac Dimensions receives CE Mark for its mitral contour system
- Amcom middleware now a Class II medical device
- FDA clears Covidien’s ClosureFast Catheter
DeviceTalks Minnesota's leadership track is designed to provide attendees with insights on topics such as:
Use code SAVE15 to save 15%!