Waltham, Mass.-based medical device and pharmaceutical company Avedro appointed industry veteran C. Evan Ballantyne as its new chief financial officer.
Prior to the appointment, Ballantyne was the VP & CFO of biopharmaceutical company Clinical Data Inc., chief financial officer of Beverly, Mass.-based ZymeQuest, and vice president at chief operating officer at the ACNielsen Corporation.
"Evan brings relevant operating experience in public and private company environments, and significant financial and strategic experience within the health care and biotechnology industries," Avedro CEO David Muller, said in prepared remarks.
Earlier this month, Avedro Inc. won orphan drug status for a solution used with its KXL System to treat a cornea disease called keratoconus, setting the Waltham, Mass.-based company up for 7 years of exclusive rights to the U.S. market if the technology proves out.
Here’s the latest personnel changes from medical device, diagnostics and life science companies around the nation. For more recent hirings and firings, check out MassDevice’s compilation of the latest personnel moves.
- Tengion appoints Covidien’s Flora to board
- Solano to leave AngioDynamics
- MedAptus appoints a new CMO
- DHT holdings shuffles around its staff
- Accuray appoints Eric Pauwels as its senior VP and chief marketing officer
- Delcath expands its senior team
- BioClinica appoints Andrzej Dzik-Jurasz as its new medical director