Learn how at Alibaba.com’s Online Trade Show Summer – now through June 27
Digital disruption – and opportunity
We’ve seen the rapid expansion of digital technology continue to disrupt every aspect of how primary care physicians, healthcare providers, and practice administrators operate. Digital technology is reshaping how healthcare gets done. This includes organizations efficiently and seamlessly procure the products they need to run their facilities.
In fact, now, 93 percent of all U.S. companies are already doing some portion of their B2B business online.
However, when it comes to digital sourcing, professional buyers acknowledge there are challenges – especially when borders are crossed. Ensuring quality, and giving buyers access to more choices from different suppliers to find products at a price that works for them and their needs, meet their strict requirements, and managing smooth and fast delivery rank among the most important hurdles for buyers.
The dramatic impact of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic dramatically accelerated “going digital” as many aspects of the industry have had to make adjustments, essentially overnight, to keep their organizations running and avoid any slowdowns and interruptions.
For example, amid the pandemic, B2B sourcing and selling via an online ecommerce marketplace grew by 14 percentage points — from 21% to 35% — between December 2019 and September 2020 (Source: Alibaba.com US B2B Small and Medium Business Survey, September 2020).
Businesses have now been exposed to the upsides of embracing ecommerce, and are in search of ways to successfully adopt these new technologies to gain more efficiencies, and achieve new levels of growth.
Alibaba.com is leading the way
As one of the world’s largest B2B and wholesale online marketplaces, Alibaba.com serves millions of business buyers and suppliers of all sizes across more than 200 countries, offering a suite of powerful tools built specifically for B2B trade. Business buyers can discover new products and place orders on the Alibaba.com platform fast, securely, and efficiently and sellers can reach a global audience for their products.
With Alibaba.com, companies can:
- Expand their international footprint. The inherently global nature of the Alibaba.com supplier base allows buyers to grow their reach digitally without the need to travel. Time zones become unimportant, allowing business discovery and communication 24/7.
- Optimize shipping efficiencies. Buyers can take advantage of transparent, reliable, and cost-effective logistics services, simplifying the entire process. Intelligent route algorithms and multiple freight forwarders and carriers are available to ensure end-to-end transparency and real-time tracking.
- Source securely from around the world. Alibaba.com supports over ten major global payment methods and 50+ currencies worldwide. To reduce the risk, buyers who purchase on the Alibaba.com platform can use the free proprietary order protection escrow service, Trade Assurance. Through Alibaba.com Trade Assurance, if anything goes wrong with issues of quality or shipping delays, Alibaba.com will assist in reaching a satisfactory outcome, including getting your money back.
To make it even easier, Alibaba.com recently introduced an Elite Partner Event that is accessible year-round. This vetted group of global suppliers represents innovative, new technologies and products in a variety of categories to help enhance your competitive edge.
In the Health and Medical category for example, Alibaba.com Verified Supplier and Elite Partner CONTEC Medical Systems is one such partner.
Founded in 1996, CONTEC is a leader in research, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices. A truly global provider, CONTEC holds 185 domestic patents, 92 foreign patents and 159 software copyrights products, operates 18 advanced production lines, and their products are sold to more than 180 countries. What’s more, they have deep experience in securing certifications required by European and U.S. regulators.
What further sets CONTECT apart is their commitment to combining their core technologies and substantial research and development team with a strong sense of social responsibility and public welfare, making CONTEC not just a leading global provider, but also a true global citizen.
For example, as Ukraine faced rapid depression and civil unrest in recent years, the country face a shortage of equipment, doctors, and medical resources to deliver care. CONTEC partnered with local providers to deliver a telemedicine product that enabled critical data to be collected from patients in remote rural areas where resources are limited, and transmit to urban hospitals and doctors to allow them to review and administer treatment to these far-away locations. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the telemedicine solution further helped reduce overcrowding in hospitals and clinics as patients were able to receive treatment from home.
Other countries such as Brazil and Egypt are adopting the product because of the successes seen in Ukraine.
Alibaba.com Online Trade Show | Summer: Premium suppliers. Efficient sourcing.
Trade shows are an incredibly valuable channel for business buyers to discover new suppliers and products and drive their bottom line. While in-person global shows are still on hold, Alibaba.com has been hosting a series of online trade shows that have resulted in tens of thousands of new connections.
In fact, right now, Alibaba.com is hosting Alibaba.com Online Trade Show | Summer from June 14 through June 27. The all-digital experience will feature more than 10,000 premium suppliers across a spectrum of 30+ categories on the Alibaba.com website.
“The Alibaba.com Summer Online Trade Show is a two-week event on the Alibaba.com website, where business buyers and sellers from around the globe can connect and collaborate with premium suppliers online, so that they can source more efficiently, effectively, and with ease, from the safety and convenience of their homes and offices,” said John Caplan, President of North America and Europe, Alibaba.com.
There are a host of benefits the online trade show experience includes.
- Premium connections with trusted suppliers. Buyers can easily reach out to selected suppliers with outstanding products and services, from R&D and tailor-made design to customer service and order fulfillment. To help buyers source efficiently and screen for quality, the “Verified” logo will appear alongside manufacturers that have been verified by independent third parties for industry-specific qualifications and services. When searching for product details or through company profiles, buyers can see these suppliers’ strengths like corporate qualification, product qualification, and corporate capabilities.
- Exclusive VIP Pavilion access*. Where the top one percent of Alibaba.com buyers can meet and negotiate directly with managers rated four stars and above from more than 1,000 suppliers.
- Cutting-edge industry insights. Businesses will be able to hear from Alibaba.com leaders like John Caplan, President, North America & Europe, and Flora Yan, Head of Integrated Marketing as well as Dirk Kowslowski, Director of IFA, Kai Hattendorf, CEO of Ufi and learn from successful buyers and sellers on Alibaba.com. In-depth industrial reports filled with data and trends from Alibaba.com will also be available.
- Pro Buyer Discounts*. Businesses who have upgraded to Pro Buyers on or before June 27 can receive a US $100 coupon to use on Alibaba.com.
Note: * Available only to qualified Pro Buyers
Businesses can learn a whole lot more by visiting the Alibaba.com Online Trade Show | Summer, from June 14 through June 27. Premium suppliers and efficient sourcing are just a click away.
Sponsored content by Alibaba