SpinalMotion closed the final tranche of a $15 million funding round that began in June 2011, according to a regulatory filing.
The Mountain View, Calif.-based medical device company raised a total of $15.1 million in the offering of debt, options and warrants from 15 unnamed investors, according to the filing.
The first tranche of $7.7 million closed June 2, 2011, according to the SEC filing. A 2nd, $3.0 million round closed April 17, 2012; a 3rd round worth $2.8 million closed Sept. 6, 2012; and the final, $1.5 million round closing Jan. 11 of this year.
SpinalMotion won CE Mark approval in the European Union for a pair of its Kineflex cervical disc implants in March 2012.
GE Healthcare looks to bring imaging agent ops in-house
GE (NYSE:GE) said it filed a supplemental new drug application with the FDA to bring the manufacture of its Optison imaging agent in-house.
Clal Biotech said to shop wound care biz
Clal Biotechnology Industries hired Jefferies Group to shop its wound care business after Teva Pharmaceutical (NYSE:TEVA) killed a deal to market MediWound’s PolyHeal and NexoBrid products.
- Abbott (NYSE:ABT): Leerink Swann reiterates "market perform" rating, $30 price target; TheStreet Ratings downgrades to "hold" rating.
- Amgen (NSDQ:AMGN): Credit Suisse downgrades from outperform to neutral rating, $90 price target.
- Baxter (NYSE:BAX): RBC Capital restates "outperform" rating, $70 price target.
- Becton Dickinson & Co. (NYSE:BDX): Mizuho Securities downgrades from Outperform to Neutral, price target of $87.
- Intuitive Surgical (NSDQ:ISRG): Lazard raises price target to $625, Buy rating; Leerink Swann maintains "market perform" rating, $580 price target.
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ): Leerink Swann maintains "outperform" rating, raises price target to $80 from $76.
- Optos plc (LON:OPTS): Jefferies Group reiterates buy rating, $4.43 (£2.80) price target.
- St. Jude Medical (NYSE:STJ): Leerink Swann reiterates "outperform" rating, ~$50 price target.