The FDA provides details on the breakdown for the new Office of In Vitro Diagnostics and Radiological Health, formerly known as the Office of In Vitro Diagnostic Device Evaluation and Safety.
The FDA this week provided updates on the revamped Office of In Vitro Diagnostics & Radiological Health, formerly known as the Office of In Vitro Diagnostic Device Evaluation and Safety.
The Center for Devices & Radiological Health subsection will oversee in-home and laboratory diagnostic tests, radiological medical devices and radiation-emitting non-medical products, and will be responsible for implementing the Mammography Quality Program established federally in 1992.
The FDA further broke down the various sections with the ORI, defining their duties as follows:
Division of Chemistry and Toxicology Devices (DCTD)
- General chemistry tests
- Specialized chemistry tests including neonatal biochemical screening tests, endocrine tests, and tests for women's health
- Drug of abuse tests
- Therapeutic drug monitoring tests
- Minimally invasive and non-invasive tests
Division of Immunology and Hematology Devices (DIHD)
- Hematology, pathology, flow cytometry, and coagulation tests
- Tests for immunological disease
- Tumor marker (cancer detection) tests
- Genetic disorder (heritable somatic mutations) tests
Division of Microbiology Devices (DMD)
- Detection of microorganisms (bacteria, fungi, mycobacteria, viruses) by chemical, immunological, and nucleic acid amplification methods
- Biothreat agents
- New and emerging infectious diseases
Division of Radiological Health (DRH)News Well, 510(k), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Pre-Market Approval (PMA), Regulatory/Compliance
The government's new website on drug and device company ties to doctors will be incomplete and may be...
Myoscience secures $8.4 million in new funding for its 'frotox' device that applies extreme cold to...
Here's a look at some of the top regulatory stories for medical device companies this week: FDA...
Activist investor fund Engaged Capital ups the pressure on Volcano Corp., scolding it for its $116...
Candidates in the race for Massachusetts governor race tell MassDevice.com that they're for...