The FDA provides details on the breakdown for the new Office of In Vitro Diagnostics and Radiological Health, formerly known as the Office of In Vitro Diagnostic Device Evaluation and Safety.
The FDA this week provided updates on the revamped Office of In Vitro Diagnostics & Radiological Health, formerly known as the Office of In Vitro Diagnostic Device Evaluation and Safety.
The Center for Devices & Radiological Health subsection will oversee in-home and laboratory diagnostic tests, radiological medical devices and radiation-emitting non-medical products, and will be responsible for implementing the Mammography Quality Program established federally in 1992.
The FDA further broke down the various sections with the ORI, defining their duties as follows:
Division of Chemistry and Toxicology Devices (DCTD)
- General chemistry tests
- Specialized chemistry tests including neonatal biochemical screening tests, endocrine tests, and tests for women's health
- Drug of abuse tests
- Therapeutic drug monitoring tests
- Minimally invasive and non-invasive tests
Division of Immunology and Hematology Devices (DIHD)
- Hematology, pathology, flow cytometry, and coagulation tests
- Tests for immunological disease
- Tumor marker (cancer detection) tests
- Genetic disorder (heritable somatic mutations) tests
Division of Microbiology Devices (DMD)
- Detection of microorganisms (bacteria, fungi, mycobacteria, viruses) by chemical, immunological, and nucleic acid amplification methods
- Biothreat agents
- New and emerging infectious diseases
Division of Radiological Health (DRH)News Well, 510(k), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Pre-Market Approval (PMA), Regulatory/Compliance
Medtronic says it will pay up to $105 million to acquire Visualase and its MRI-guided neurosurgery...
A federal judge in Texas shoots down Johnson & Johnson's bids to dismiss a pair of bellwether...
Charles Dockendorff, the outgoing CFO at Covidien, is named to the board of directors at Haemonetics...
Google's clandestine "X" labs looks to collect and analyze human genomic and molecular data in search...
Medtronic and Lifetech Scientific expand their deal to co-produce pacemakers for the Chinese market...